Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Livin' the Life

Last Tuesday at approximately 5:41 AM I was getting ready in our room when I heard a tapping on our basement window. Obviously, I was freaked out and couldn't check to see what it was. I yelled for Ryan who was all the way on the other half of the apartment to come see what was out there. Heroically, he pulled up the blinds to discover it was merely a raccoon who had fallen into our window well and was trying to escape. Initially, I felt bad for the raccoon because he was stuck in our window and his attempts at jumping out were unsuccessful. However, I was also hoping that the raccoon would remain stuck in our window well because I knew that would be the closest thing I could have to owning a pet. Seconds later, the raccoon mustered enough strength to jump out of the well, and I haven't seen him since. Ryan and I got a free month trial of Netflix, so we have started watching The Office from the beginning! I think we started watching it a week ago and we are now almost done with season three! When we have breaks on campus, we find an empty spot near an electrical outlet and watch as many episodes as we can until one of us has to go to class. Sure, it takes away some studying time, but I would also consider it quality bonding time-We both dislike the same characters and laugh at the same things. Since we've been married, we don't hear too much of the single-life drama, and The Office has filled that void for us- yay for entertainment! Last week we also had our car die in the parking lot after having been on campus for 15 hours. After several attempts to jump start it, it remained in the parking lot for two days. We thought we were going to have to get a new starter, possibly a new battery, maybe some fuses had blown... nope. It was the alarm. All we had to do was flip a switch to reset the alarm and the car started right up...cars? After not having to pay for a visit to the mechanic, we decided to treat ourselves to a radio for our car! We have had this car for six months without a radio, it was time. We love listening to music while we drive and the stereo came with a sweet remote. All in all, things are pretty good :)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Annie, you do NOT want a raccoon for a pet. They are so mean. And I'm glad you finally have a radio in that car! Oh, and you should call me. I want to discuss some of the single drama with you.

    ReplyDelete